Saunemin Community Consolidated School District #438
Board of Education
About the Board of Education
The Saunemin Community Consolidated School District #438 Board of Education consists of seven members elected to serve, without compensation, for overlapping terms of four years each. Operating within the legal parameters of the state and federal constitutions, statutes, courts, administrative agencies, and board policy, the board is charged with the responsibility of providing the finest educational program possible for the students, staff, and community stakeholders. The Board of Education makes all final decisions regarding the school district priorities, policies, personnel, curriculum, expenditures, and taxing rate. On an annual basis, the Board of Education adopts a budget which is necessary to maintain and operate the school, levy taxes to support the budget, and submit bond issues to the citizens of the District to finance construction projects. The Board of Education employs and evaluations the Superintendent of Schools. The Board of Education meets for their regular business meeting on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 P.M.. in the board room located at Saunemin Elementary School, 39 Main Street, Saunemin, IL 61769.
Ignite Passion. Inspire Excellence. Imagine Possibilities.
We embrace the future with optimism and a passion for learning, working in partnership with our community and other stakeholders on behalf of our children and families. We develop intellect, engage creativity, promote exploration and investigation, foster responsibility, and build positive and collaborative relationships to enable all children to thrive in a changing, competitive, and increasingly global society.
Our values are the cornerstones of our learning community and direct the actions we take; we must model, teach and live them throughout the district.
- We expect honesty, integrity and ethical behavior of all members of our learning community.
- We empower every child to become a self-directed lifelong learner capable of creative and critical thinking.
- We emphasize written and oral skills which are essential to success, timeless in their importance and are the basis of future learning.
- We encourage flexibility and adaptability knowing they are necessary to succeed in a global and diverse society.
- We leverage our resources and technology to create powerful and equitable educational environments and experiences for all learners.
- Strategic Priority #1 - Academic Excellence - Student Learning and Academic Achievement
- Strategic Priority #2 - Facilities That Enhance Student Learning
- Strategic Priority #3 - Finances That Support Student Learning
- Strategic Priority #4 - Dedicated and Talented Staff Committed to Student Learning
- Strategic Priority #5 - School Community and Culture to Further Enhance Student Learning
- Strategic Priority #6 - Community Engagement and Communication
- Ms. Helen Brown
- Mrs. Tasha Bunting
- Mr. Eric Johnson
- Ms. Mary Ludwig
- Mrs. Marcie Rich
- Mr. Brandon Sancken
- Mr. Bill Stevenson